We are looking for a bright, capable, and highly motivated Senior Accountant to join our growing Seattle-based company. This position will own the day to day accounting functions and support the month-end close process. Requirements for this role include knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, an interest in creating and implementing accounting processes, and motivation to contribute to a rapidly evolving business. The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to bring people together by partnering with other business functions. This position is part time and will report directly to the Corporate Controller.
HeadLight, founded in 2005, delivers industry-leading technology to transportation construction teams. Our photo-driven inspection and verification technology enables clients to streamline and mobilize project inspections, communications, and documentation leading to superior project deliveries. The HeadLight platform has been used on transportation construction projects nationwide. Customers include large transportation departments, top-tier consulting and engineering firms, contractors, equipment manufacturers, and industry-related materials companies.
Role & Responsibilities:
– Play an integral part of the accounting close and reporting process, ensuring that month-end close tasks and reconciliations are completed on the assigned due dates.
– Prepare month-end journal entries, reconciliations, and supporting schedules (payroll, cash, accruals, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, credit cards, and expense allocations).
– Maintain fixed asset subledger, including monthly fixed asset additions, retirements, depreciation expense, and reconciliation to the general ledger.
– Review AP reports and general ledger detail for coding discrepancies and perform reclasses as needed.
– Maintain prepaid expense schedule and record monthly expense amortization.
– Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
– Oversee AP/AR process and general ledger accounts.
– Manage fixed asset inventory process and assist in implementing fixed asset tracking software.
– Participate in developing and maintaining an internally developed software analysis, improving our employee expense reimbursement process, and developing and improving our employee credit card process.
– Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
– Sufficient knowledge of U.S. GAAP with minimum 4 years of accounting experience is required.
– High proficiency in Excel.
– Experience working with QuickBooks, Expensify, and Bill.com.
– Ability to recognize process deficiencies and recommend/implement improvements.
– Works under limited guidance, accountable to complete work assignments; is a self-starter that works independently and as part of a team.
– Strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.