We are looking for contributors who bring drive, energy, and fun to our culture and who are motivated by the challenges and opportunities found within the structure of a small, high growth company environment. The ideal candidate must have the skills to thrive in this fast-paced environment and to execute independently on a variety of tasks.
We are adding to our newly established business development team, which is charged with exploring new markets and contributing to long-term business and product strategies. This role will be responsible for analyzing new market opportunities by distilling market insights, conducting competitive analysis, and building financials for revenue opportunities that will inform new market selection.
HeadLight delivers industry-leading technology to infrastructure construction teams. Our photo-driven inspection and verification technology enables clients to streamline and mobilize project inspection, communication, and documentation leading to superior project delivery. The HeadLight platform has been used on infrastructure construction projects nationwide. Customers include large state departments of transportation, top-tier consulting engineering firms, contractors, and industry-related materials companies.
Roles and Responsibilities
– Explore new market opportunities for Headlight by analyzing market, product, competitive, and other related research for the most impactful and pertinent information.
– Distill large amounts of free form inputs into structured, insightful graphs and visuals.
– Support management and leadership by providing market analysis and financial modeling for review.
– Assist with market discovery calls and capture applicable information for market selection reports.
– Interpret, evaluate, and organize research data and develop integrated business analyses.
– Create business cases and supporting models to align strategic decisions and inform new market product strategy.
– Build slide decks to present findings from the market opportunity research – effective use of graphs and financial modeling skills are critical to this role.
– Conduct research to assist in the creation of the Go-To-Market strategy through a deep understanding of clients, competitors, and partners.
– Participate in corporate strategic planning initiatives.
Required Skills and Abilities
– 3+ years of experience in analyst roles.
– BA or BS degree required. An MBA is highly desirable.
– Proficiency using financial systems and business software including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Power BI, Zoominfo, and Salesforce; mastery of Excel/sheets is a must.
– Financial acumen required to create models, evaluate opportunities, and develop new business cases; ability to interpret multiple sources of data.
– Strong organizational skills, exceptional communication capabilities, strong multi-tasking ability, and a do-whatever-it-takes attitude.
– Highly inquisitive and a unique ability to uncover and tease apart underlying business drivers based on customer conversations.
– Market understanding of enterprise software is preferred and specific areas of knowledge or technical experience in integration/middleware/API/Big Data/Analytics/SaaS experience is a plus.
– Detail-oriented and persuasive.
– Highly organized.
– Ability to communicate complex ideas simply and clearly.
– Must be willing to travel (Post COVID-19 restrictions).